Sunday 27 September 2020

Protesters, drunken revellers and potentially no Christmas?

Dear me, there were yet more protests in London yesterday. More idiots, who whilst they have the right to protest, didn’t wear masks, all crowded together waving their ‘truthful’ banners. So gullible that it’s to do with 5G, or Bill Gates, or political to keep us all under control.

They say my body, my rules, they clearly believe it is all a hoax, clearly believe they won’t get it because it doesn’t exist. They don’t believe anyone they know will get it or die because it doesn’t exist.

No country in this world would be spending billions to deal with it, putting their country into years of recession and debt, if it didn’t exist. There are still countries in this world that don’t have 4G let alone 5G, whose citizens are dying by the tens of thousands from this disease which apparently doesn’t exist. Countries who are so poor they haven’t got the infrastructure or money to deal with it. These countries surely can’t also be trying to control their citizens.

When vaccines do arrive and are proven safe, I will have one, every year if necessary, in the same way I have my flu vaccine each year. Having had flu once, I was ill for weeks and it sounded the death knell for my nursing. I simply could not get well enough, quickly enough, to carry on working.

I wonder if/when these protesters, or people they know, eventually get it, they will be demanding medical care, whilst still denying it, still protesting it is something else. It is these protesters that will put us into another full and devastating lockdown, that will potentially cause our beautiful if flawed NHS to collapse. When they need it the most, it won’t be able to help. Wonder if they will protest about that?

What happened to water cannons. They used to deploy those to clear them. 

What is this fascination for getting drunk? Curfews on bars and restaurants should also include off licences and any other establishments that sells alcohol. It is no good kicking people out of pubs and restaurants for some of them to visit these to buy yet more booze, without social distancing and mask protocol. Buses can't cope with the demand to get people home due to their correct protocols of certain seats not being allowed to be used.

Certain newspapers are calling yet again for the elderly and vulnerable to be locked up to keep them safe. How dare they. Some of us are retired and actually, quite often, are the ones that have the money to spare to help keep the economy rolling along. Yes, we may need the NHS more but we are the ones who have paid into it all our lives.

I am so mad, quite frankly, at all their sheer thoughtlessness. So mad on behalf of those who have lost loved ones. So mad at not being able to see my granddaughter for the first 6 months of her life. So mad that it will happen again, and again and again, all because of them.

The government needs to start listening to the scientific advice being given, they need to invite the opposition and devolved government leaders to CPBRA meetings, start debating and working with the opposition and get everyone on board. We need less tit for tat and far more cooperation.



25 comments:

  1. I noticed that the Philippines have developed a punishment for the rule-breakers. They are forced to dig graves for the victims by hand. Let the punishment fit the crime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, indeed, but wouldn’t be allowed.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I am spitting feathers as they say!

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with every point. Its madness. I got mad at my husband watching a YouTube news broadcast that was vaguely supporting the protest - it was giving them a "credit/view" and I was pleased main stream media did not feature the protest much as that just gives the idiots fuel. Like you missing out on family so some people can booze. Just not right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have gone further but reined myself in.

      Delete
  4. I also agree with everything you said! We had some protestors here yesterday - idiots! But I did notice a big discrepancy in how things were reported - one TV station reported about 300 and showed a rather straggly bunch walking down the street - another just announced that there was a thousand people and showed them all bunched up in one of the city squares - but at least both of them only touched on it briefly and neither interviewed any of the idiots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best way to go I think. Shame that police have to be exposed, wearing masks mind you, trying to deal with them.

      Delete
  5. Keep Calm and Watch Tennis!

    (French Open ITV4)

    I've not watched any news this weekend so have my head in the sand knowing nothing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree completely with everything you say. Some people are just so gullible to things they hear about on social media and join a demonstration just so they can say 'they were there'. And I am sick of being told there is no such thing as Covid-19 ... it makes me so angry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like every country is having the same problems with the 'non-believers'. The biggest menace to all of us is south of our border. What an idiot he is. Just read a report where at his latest rally and an event at the White House was overflowing with people-no masks, no social distancing to be seen-except for Trump, he's nowhere near anybody. If it wasn't so serious it would be a joke. The world will go over 1million deaths today and already over 33million cases. That's quite a hoax!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope he doesn’t get back in but don’t know much about Biden.

      Delete
  8. I also agree with all you say, perhaps these protesters should be made to sign a paper to say they will not require hospital treatment if they get the virus. They are selfish and ignorant ,if they make a decision to put themselves and only themselves at risk so be it but it doesn't work like that, their actions put others at risk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the previous protest, the flag of the British Union of Fascists was unfurled... that's the type of person attending these rallies, with speakers such as the anti-semite. There are bloggers and commenters alike singing their praises. It's sickening, and the darkness that this country is being enveloped by worries me more than the virus.
    The closing at 10pm is yet another example of this government's incompetence. Anyone with any common sense should have realised that everyone spilling out onto the street at the same time would be an unmitigated disaster, and that most young people don't usually go out until that time or later, so were hardly likely to end their night then.
    People knew what the Prime Minister was like, yet still voted for him in their droves last December. He was, and still is, a work shy, lying chancer, and now he's being found out, to the detriment of us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s rather like leaving summer and moving into autumn, the dark nights arrive slowly then come in with a flourish. I agree about the danger with the darkness in society. When did this selfishness and sense of entitlement Garner such speed?

      Delete
    2. I see in today's news that the bars in the parliament buildings are exempt from the 10pm curfew as they have been classified as a canteen. They can drink for longer... at the taxpayer's expense.

      Delete
    3. Ever was it so I reckon, one rule for all doesn’t seem to apply anymore.

      Delete
  10. I agree with what you said and Cumbrian's idea of digging graves. I know we are lucky here in New Zealand although I did lose a cousin to Covid on the Welsh Border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your country acted quickly that was the difference I think. We should have stopped flights arriving far more quickly than we did. Sorry about your cousin.

      Delete
  11. What a brilliant post; it should be repeated and shared far and wide.
    I am one of those 'oldies' who has stayed within my own home and garden since lockdown began, with no visitors and no outings apart from driving my car a few miles every now and again to keep it ticking over, plus one outing with my son & his family for a meal and get-together (no hugging!) I've lost the money I paid for a week's holiday because I'm too frightened to take the chance of catching Covid; I've lost the ability to walk very far thanks to the enforced inactivity; I have had no social interaction with anyone for 7 months and now it seems I shall be further damaged by even more of the same restrictions to my life. Some life! :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was really irked could you tell? You shouldn’t have lost your holiday money, I thought firms were supposed to give you a refund or offer the same for next year?

      Delete
    2. Well, if I had been able to contact anyone at the company who I booked with, I might have been able to explain my circumstances, but they are still imploring customers to refrain from telephoning or emailing them because of shortage of staff to answer! As things stand, I believe there's a chance of a refund if Covid regulations prevent you from taking your holiday, but in my case, it's my choice not to go because I'm too scared of the latest statistics and dire warnings of further restrictions. So my money is wasted but at least I shall feel safe in my own home. C'est la vie!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.