Wednesday 30 September 2020

Yuck

Still didn't sleep well last night but did at least sleep for a while.

My sense of taste has altered recently (a few months ago). It only seems to apply to tea on the whole though. We have had the same brand of tea leaves for years and had found a brand that works with our water. Pretty sure it isn't THE virus, as those with an altered snese of taste and smell, seem to report it being similar to when you have a cold.

Whenever we go away, tea never tastes the same due to regional differences in water (hard or soft). We always look forward to returning home for a decent tasting cuppa but not so at the moment. Unless the company have revised their blend it must be me. I haven't enjoyed any of my tea for a couple of months now.

I can usually only enjoy drinking coffee if it is made with 100% milk. This morning I made a normal white coffee (not with hot milk) and don't like that either. 

Looks like for the moment, I will have to find something hot that I do enjoy, maybe cocoa or something similar that isn't full of nasty things like other drinks designed to have milk added to them.

So far this morning I have been busy. All dusting and polishing has been done in the main rooms, the bathroom cleaned and a wash has just finished ready to go on the line before the next wet weather arrives later on.

14 comments:

  1. I used to like strong coffee but once I stopped having sugar (on diabetic diagnosis), I hated it...And I was a big coffee drinker. Now it's just 2 cups a day, and latte at that. Isn't it funny how tastes can change?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t drink coffee without one spoon of sugar. Tea has one sweetener but I can, at a push, drink it without.

      Delete
  2. It does sound as though it's the water that's to blame doesn't it. How frustrating for you just at the time of year when hot drinks are really needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. What to replace it with I don’t know. What’s frustrating is that it isn’t every cup or even every day.

      Delete
  3. How strange, does sound like the water. Maybe they are adding to the water supply in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be although DB doesn’t seem to have noticed.

      Delete
  4. Can I suggest lemon and ginger tea, sweetened with a little honey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would suggest the lemon and ginger tea as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you both mean fresh lemon and ginger or tea bag type things?

      Delete
    2. I use teabags, but go for a good quality. I use twinnings. I also use a decent honey.
      I have used slices of lemon and hot water with honey but I miss the ginger.
      Theres often offers for teabags on shopmium.

      Delete
    3. I use twinnings tea as well. Hope it helps.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. The water certainly makes a difference to the taste of tea. When I moved from Leicestershire (hard water, beautiful to drink on its own) to Cornwall (soft water which took an age to get used to as a cold drink) I tried various brands of tea before finding one that tasted just right. That was Yorkshire Tea and for several years now I have bought the de-caffeinated version. Funnily enough, my young granddaughter visited recently and asked if she could please have a cup of tea; she only took a few sips then left it - said it tasted like water!!! Ooops!
    Oh Storm Alex came here this morning. Wild, wild winds, sideways rain, trees and bushes being blown right over and leaves scattering, seagulls screaming as they flew in wild dances, probably felt they were at sea on a stormy day. I was just glad to be in home, safe, dry and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use Yorkshire tea as well but not decaf. We tried the version for hard water but don’t like it. Just can’t fathom out what has changed other than my taste.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.