Monday 10 June 2019

Using things up

I bought a double packet of frozen puff pastry for Christmas and still had one of them in the freezer. Also in there were 4 big slices of home cooked ham, a large uncooked chicken breast and some pork stew gravy.

The pastry was divided into 4 and rolled out. The ham, chicken and 4 mushrooms, along with some gravy, were processed in my blender. I got enough to make 3 large pasties:
The final quarter had cheese put on one half of it, folded over and rolled again. Repeat before being cut into cheese straws and more cheese and black pepper on top:
Here they are, fresh from the oven. We were going to have one each for our main meal plus carrot and swede mash and gravy, but I could only eat half of mine so it was put away for today:
The pastry was flaky and tasty and the inside was similar to a fine sausage roll consistency. Then the cheese straws:
Yum!!


6 comments:

  1. Those pasties look delicious, a great way of using oddments yp from the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with operating a freezer check list, I still miss things.

      Delete
  2. Lovely and frugal. I hope Ruby and you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. I am trying to eat from the freezer too at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ideas for using things up with puff pastry. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.