Sunday 24 January 2021

Slight failure and also a success

 I saw a custard type pudding on the internet the other day and thought I would have a try. After cooking the 'custard', it was left to go cold:

I used the recommended sized dish for this. It was then tipped out and should have been able to be cut into 12 slices x 1" deep - err - no...

Although it came out the dish fine, it was barely 1/2" deep and I could only get 6 slices out of it. I say out but in reality it fell apart as I tried. These slices should then have been brushed with a vanilla egg mix and baked. Couldn't do that.

Anyway, we ate it and it was fine but we were just disappointed.

To the success!

Remember the small dish of soup I saved from the other day. We cooked the last half punnet of mushrooms, added the soup and some chilli flakes. This was put on top of pasta shells and topped with cheese:


That was our main evening meal along with most of the fall apart pudding. Nom nom.



2 comments:

  1. The soup pasta looks like a good meal for a chilly day, sorry about the pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame, at least it wasn't a complete disaster and was edible.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.